So I started this thing to keep myself accountable for my training runs. And I'm not updating it. Oops. I have been doing my runs. Since the last post:
Monday: didn't end up doing anything. I don't remember why.
Tuesday: I did 45 min strength training at the gym. I was going to run too but then I kept putting it off.
Wednesday: I did the run I was supposed to do Tuesday. 3 miles. Fartleks. It was a good run.
Thursday: 4 miles in the AM.
Friday: 4 miles in the AM, 45 minutes strength in the PM.
Saturday: REST. I decided to push my long run to Sunday since the rest of my runs had gotten pushed back.
Sunday: Battle Assembly strikes again! I was going to do 9 miles. My plan was to get up super early, run 6 miles, then do 3 when I got home. It turned out we had to show up to BA an hour early to get the PT test out of the way before it got too hot. I decided not to get up super early. I did 2 miles during PT, so I decided to do 7 miles that evening when I got home. 2 + 7 = 9. Yay! But I didn't sleep well during the nighttime all weekend, and I ended up passing out as soon as I got home.
Monday: I had an appointment in the AM, so I decided to do my 9 miles in the PM. But it was super hot and humid, so I only ended up doing 7. In my defense, I've read and heard that splitting up your long runs between two consecutive days is just as beneficial as doing it all at once. And I did 2 on Sunday, 7 on Monday! 2 + 7 = 9! Yay! Ok, maybe I'm just making excuses, considering I don't plan on using that method throughout my marathon training.
Tuesday: Today! I did 3 miles. 29:10. Pretty slow, but I did just do 7 miles in 90 degree heat yesterday. I have a feeling my next two runs this week are going to be slow as well since I'll be doing 5 consecutive runs with no rest (which isn't that big of a deal but I'm not used to doing that many in a row). A) I think it'd behoove me to get back on schedule, and B) Sarah's bachelorette party is Saturday night, so I'm really doubtful that I'd be up for a 10 miler on Sunday.
Tuesday, August 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment