on my bike that is. Awww you thought I ran 12 miles already...no, that is not until August 29. I still have a couple weeks to build up my mileage. This is going to be interesting, considering I haven't run more than 4 miles since...April? I honestly don't remember. I did the mini triathlon in May, and I kinda slacked off with my training for that...
So yeah, I worked out my training schedule. I'll be doing cross training on Sundays (usually cycling probably), strength on Mondays, speedwork on Tuesdays, mid distance on Wednesdays, easy run on Thursday, rest Friday, and long run Saturday! The race is 16 weeks from yesterday, so I've got my work cut out for me. I was so focused when I trained for my first marathon; I need to channel that somehow. I KNOW I can do this. I just need to be diligent about my training.
The bike ride went well though. Nothing impressive, just a little 12 miler...took me an hour almost...I'm kinda slow on the bike. Other cyclists will pass me like I'm standing still. Even when I did the mini tri and averaged 15 mph instead of 12, pretty much everyone in the race passed me. I passed a lot of them on the run, but yeah, apparently I'm slow on the bike. I felt good though today.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment