Thursday, July 30, 2009

I did it!

I did it. I got up at 6:15 this morning to go for a run. I am so proud of myself! I hit my snooze button a couple times, but I did get up. Mostly it was knowing that I was going to post on my Facebook wall for all my 400 friends to see whether or not I did it. Which is kind of the point of this blog. It was fairly cool, low 70s probably, but OMG it was so humid. It still is humid. Weather.com says we're at 73% humidity right now. I ran 4 miles in 39:45. I was feeling pretty lackluster this morning. I felt like I had no energy whatsoever. Normally I'd eat something small before a morning run to give me some energy, but after yesterday I just wasn't feeling it. So yeah. Slow run today. But I did it! I got up and ran before it got hot. Yay for me. I'm pretty confident my times will get faster as I continue to train.

I'm thinking I'm gonna add another strength session this afternoon. I think two a week would be good, and Thursdays are probably the best day to add the second one. I want one full day of rest before my long runs on Saturdays, and Thursdays are my easy, short runs.

1 comment:

Meghan C said...

HEY good for you!! I actually got up at 6 this morning and did the same thing but I only ran 3. And yes, when I got home my clothes were SOAKED! Eww humidity. I'm excited for you though! I will support you as much as I can and if you could return the favor that would be awesome since I have this relay coming up. I am going to try to run 3 times in 24 hours this weekend. (last weekend I did 2 on Saturday) I thought it wouldn't be as bad a the one long run in marathon training but then it's like after you finish the first, you get all clean and rested and then you have to go do it again! It's a different kind of motivation haha